SAI India Limited (SIL), the Indian subsidiary of SAI s.p.a – Italy, is a market leader in hydraulic motors catering to the needs of the Indian market since 1989. SIL manufactures, markets and services world class high torque radial piston hydraulic motors and drive units.
SAI hydraulic motors are used across various applications and market segments such as defence, Industrial, construction, marine, agricultural and mining.With state-of-the art manufacturing, assembly and testing facilities, SIL prides itself on its prompt and efficient sales & services. Today, through a highly coordinated marketing network, SIL has a dominating market presence easily accessible to OEMs and end users within India.
In 2011, SAI bought the brand “INTERMOT” and now both the Brands ” SAI and INTERMOT” are owned by the Sai Group in Italy. The R&D unit of Sai has completely re-engineered these motors to provide much superior performance. In order to expand this operation Intermot India was started 2 years ago to manufacture specific motors for the local market. Both in Italy and in India Intermot uses the manufacturing facilities of Sai. Just to re-emphasize – the Sai group makes the Original Intermot motors.
Characteristics of SAI motors:
- HIGH STARTING TORQUE
- High starting torque efficiencies at high pressures
- Less energy wastage and heat generation, fuel consumption reduction especially with frequent stop‐start work cycles
- Enables large obstacles and steep slopes to be overcome easily
- WIDE SPEED RANGE
- Wide specific speed ranges
- Good low and high speed characteristics
- HIGH VOLUMETRIC EFFICIENCY
- Volumetric efficiencies in all operating conditions
- Seal design ensures volumetric efficiencies not affected even if components become worn with use
- CAVITATION RESISTANCE
- Retaining force of piston retaining rings prevents separation of piston from the shaft
- SAI design enables the motor to run without oil in the pistons
- HIGH POWER DENSITY
- High mechanical efficiencies combined with high pressure and high speed capabilities of motor results in high power output
- Compact dimensions, higher precision and an extremely wide operating range for the machines